Wednesday, June 16, 2010

R.I.P.: Peter Brunette


From IndieWire comes the sad news that esteemed film critic and historian Peter Brunette died of a heart attack this morning in Italy while covering the Taormina Film Festival as a contributor for the Hollywood Reporter. I would like to extend my sincere condolences to his family and friends. And I hope neither they nor anyone else will think me rude, or worse, to admit: This is exactly how I would like to go when the time comes. And if Peter saw one final movie last night, I hope it was great one.

2 comments:

Alberto Farina said...

For what is worth, Joe, I am not sure if the last one was good, but I believe that day Peter saw one of the best items from this year's festival, Durul and Yagmur Taylan's "Vavien". I met him prior to the following screening, Arab Emirates' "The Circle", which was not very good so I got out. I now resent this prevented me from talking a bit more with him. Never, EVER, think there is going to be another chance.

Joe Leydon said...

True enough, alas.